Today is Wednesday. Summer is so close to coming to a close for me. This week started with an exhausted girl realizing she'd not done all the things she wanted to these past few free months. Her room was a tornado zone and her walls looked more bare than usual. Well today I spent my time cleaning that girl's room completely. Everything is in its place, ready for a new school year. There is still a small but sufficient pile of summer assignments to complete, but it's dwindling day by day. So instead of moping that things were not the way I planned this summer, I want to recap summer '09 in that obligatory manner we all love. Mostly this is for my benefit and alot of it may seem insignificant; but it's not. hehe Here's what I did:
1. Separation Day Parade with the Rev War peoples :] that's always fun....but it was sooo hot that day. June 13th
2. Made crafty things like toothbrush bracelets and cutoff shorts. 3. Went job hunting...which epically failed and left me basically penniless all summer haha4. Sent lots of fun letters to the boyscout, Lauralou and Alicia.5. Got sick way too many times for the summer. lol
6. Watched multiple movies with the family including Gran Torino and Bourne Ultimatum....plus made bubble up pizza.
7. Got mom and daughter haircuts. which were and still are adorable.
8. Declined Governor's School and missed out on what Kyle said was tons of fun...all for my precious Donegal.
9. Gave someone a nickname accidentally that stuck with people I've never met. and I have the nametag to prove it.
10. Won a game of Monopoly against Dad, Lizz, Lacey, and Robert. woot Pennsylvania Ave ftw.
11. Spent Father's Day in lovely Timonium...and missed the reunion.
12. Went to see The Proposal with Beccaroni.
13. Spent copious amounts of time at Panera getting free wifi eating asiago cheese bagels and drinking frozen caramels.
14. Ate the best peanut butter donut and sweet tea ever at Fergie's with mom on a BB's run.
15. Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, and Billy Mayes all died. and I was less than saddened.
16. Took the Marc train to D.C.
17. Went to the Postal Museum and Natural History Museum in D.C. with my lovely glorious family. We even got a lot lost...and then found. lol good exercise.
18. Visited my birthplace...Redbank, NJ and ate at the Americana Diner...16 years later I see the places I spent my first year of life in.
19. Took Buttercup to Jose's and got scrumptious fish tacos.
20. Swam in the crik.
21. Raced boats in the crik...and was hooted/hollered at by those stupid redneck boys on the corner.
22. Played manhunt in a thunderstorm with warpainted faces.
23. Caught fireflies with Lacey.
24. Actually wanted to be given chores....gah weird.
25. Got lollipops from the lady at the bank through the chute thingymabober, we were so freaking excited.
26. Cried my eyes out, and fought. for the millionth time about the same things.
27. Watched fireworks on the 4th of july, in that dress, swinging on the swings. feeling infinite.
28. Learned how to operate a blowtorch
29. Went thrift shopping with Lacey.
30. I totally forgot this and it throws off my timeline.. But Becca's pool party ahahaah and NEWARK NITE!31. Was kicked out, not talked to, hurt, and a piece of me is gone. 32. Had foot surgery. haha ingrown nail.33. Speed packed for weeks.
34. Taught Remington the meaning of and how to play with a frisbee. (isbeefray :])
35. Spent a GRAND day at the zoo with Ashley and ate at Peace-A-Pizza.
36. Saved a monkey's life. right Ash?
37. Saw Harry Potter 6 alone.38. Caitlin's B-day party.39. Packed a sea bag!
40. CAMP DONEGAL 2009...one of the best weeks of my life. Too much emotion to describe.
41. Had my computer crash.42. BLT 2009 ....simultaneously Hell and the greatest most amazing challenge I've ever been through and loved. Alpha Company Cdr. yes!43. Rappelled, white water rafted, zip line. shooting, archery, pt. etc.
44. Spontaneously went to Salisbury for 2 weeks.45. Vistited Aunt Susan in GA. Uncle AJ in SC.
46. Ate a sno-cone with cousin friend.
47. Went fishing...twice!
48. Held Holden.
49. Drove solo for the first time...Aug 6th.
50. Started a blog. and stopped writing in my journal.
51. Took a vacation with Remington and fam.
52. Stayed in a cabin.
53. Roadtrippin'
54. Had my first official college visit to Covenant College. 55. Rock City and Lover's Leap. Cheeburger Cheeburger in Chattanooga.
56. Saw the Time Traveler's Wife with Alicia.
57. edit: Hitting up the Bi-Lo in Chattanooga for ice cream and spoons late at night. moose and squirrel tracks.58. edit: Having cherry cough syrup come out of my nose. bleh
59. edit: Saw more than one rainbow!!!!
60. edit: Drove in a bunch of different states.
61. edit: Sept 5th Cooche's Bridge REVWAR and parents 5th anniversary.62. edit: Dylan has doppelgangers.
whew that is a lot more than I thought. So all in all I had a productive summer. I crossed off 8 goals and soon to be 9 when Alicia and I bake the cupcake a treat. :] Thank you summer. Thank you friends. And thank you God the Father Almighty. Now I'm going to go watch Glenn Beck with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment