Today is a great day because I walked all the way from my bus stop home barefoot under the slightest misting of raindrops. That is beautiful.
I have really been debating posting this. But you know, I write for me...not the input of others. This blog has replaced my daily journal, so I'll write what I want. I hand wrote this all out last night at 10:00pm. It's incomplete and will remain that way forever. Bree, this is in response to your well written post.Well first of all, it's pretty darn near impossible to describe perfection. So asking me to do so has been a burdensome concept. But it becomes clearer everyday that without a direct in depth printed idea, my perfect guy is unattainable in the eyes of more than one skeptic. I want to preface this with a few major points. This is by no means an entry of shallowness; the pathetic dreams of a schoolgirl. If you think about it, every girl fantasizes about her wedding day as a child. It's planned since she was introduced to dolls. These are hard, honest, somewhat painful thoughts. Go ahead critics, have at it. My goal is much of the Proverbs 31 woman I aspire to be. The helpmeet. She is worth more than rubies. Her husband loves her like Christ loves the church, which a true believer understands. Last year I decided not to date until the age of 20. I have since revised that opinion, which does not mean at all that it was the wrong choice. It was one of the most logical decisions I made that year, for that period of my life. I will not kiss until the altar. I will not have sex until marriage. I have a lot of politics accompanying this. We can go into those in person if you'd like. The internet is not the place. However I will say, chivalry is NOT dead boys and it might do you well to remember that. Feminism has been the downfall of our generation. Hey if I could go back in time, I'd don a calico dress and marry someone from my wagon train. H.G. Wells, how's that coming along? So now that you are bored with my excessive prudish, precautionary prefacing, let's lay out the juicy items.
He'll:
share my politics and faith
virgin, never been kissed (guys purity rings are SEXY)
Never be afraid to speak his mind
respect
honest and trustworthy
loyal
intelligent enough to correct my grammar and not be mad when I do the same to him
want to talk about news, movies, books, etc.
preferably play an instrument or love to sing
want to instill a love of music in our children
be thoughtful and quietly reserved yet spontaneous and flamboyant
love the outdoors and hiking
like catching fireflies
play hide and seek
be a skilled hunter (honey I have a freezer to fill)
watch b and w movies with me
like B movies
care about his relatives
have a big loving family
laugh ROBUSTLY
hold me in his arms; because I fit perfectly
think of quirky gifts/adventures because I will surely supply him with enough
want kids
take good care of me when I'm sick, as I'd do the same in a heartbeat
Have strong convictions
be able to speak eloquently
let me knit him things (though not in excess)
be protective of our home, a hard laborer, STRONG
handsome(beauty of course being in the eye of the beholder)
like plays
love rain
love autumn walks at twilight
quote literature
forgive
see pictures in the clouds
cook a perfect steak
not tell me all his secrets immediately
appreciate the simplicity of an anecdote
be the Christian cornerstone of the family
like tradition
read aloud
do all the character voices
don't get in my way when I am cooking, help me.
long for discovery
HUM to himself
appreciate sports but not obsess over them
like photos
tell me I am beautiful even when I am old and decrepit
swing dance.
Wow those hearts are trippy. I like it.Ok, So there's a fairly good list. Criteria NEVER defines a person. God finds the right ones. This is NOT a wanted ad and I may even take this down soon. This is a thought jot, a brainstorm. An exercise of the heart. There's no other way for me to explain. You get it or you don't. If you don't I recommend reading Captivating, a book written by a husband and wife. Or the prequel Wild at Heart. Why is it that I want to wait for God's gift and not settle? Well maybe you should reread that question. The pain of a breakup affects everyone.
Above are the thoughts I wrote last night. But I was on the bus today thinking some. About how I used to play Barbie's as a child and Ken was the perfect gentleman. I always wanted more so to be Pocahontas and find my John Smith though. Childhood wonderment.
Scarborough-ism of the day:
Topic: The Missouri Compromise
"It's like putting a bandaid on an amputee victim. So the limb is still kind of dangling there. And it can't be one of those small ones with Dora the Explorer on it. It needs to be an adhesive strip. There will be tape involved. It's not a complete fix but at least the arm is still attached and swinging a little bit."
No comments:
Post a Comment