Friday, September 18, 2009

Rejuvenation and Provision

My day didn't begin very well and then by the time lunch rolled around and stupid football players shoved me out of the way to bum rush the food line...I was not so pleasant to be around. I didn't get my Chik-fil-a at lunch and it was oh so depressing...didn't get to talk to people either because I was holding my darn place in line. I had to then take the PFT and run .88miles which I completed in 8min34sec. Then gym class with 5 modified pull-ups (I am a Hulk) and 41 pacer laps. So when I got on the bus the only thing to console me was my childish novel and the comfort of the wind blowing in my hair. But I do have a new crush that I hope asks me to the ball.
I'm not a sour puss this evening. God has a funny way of changing the situations around to his glory. We had our kickoff for youth group; and lo and behold we ate Chik-fil-a picnic style with lemonade for dinner. So much better than anything they could have served me at school. He refocused my attentions on him and gave me such joyous hope for this new season. So now, I have been sitting here sucking on a blow-pop getting to the bubbly goodness in my room thinking about relationships we have with others and the way they are fractured; as well as the relationships we have with God and how he guides us. It's profound.
A plus to the evening was being partnered with this really hot guy named Matt for the 3 legged race and getting to tie our ankles together, as well as the egg toss where he threw it and it splattered all over my hands despite my perfect catch. lol. I can't really explain some things but I'll try; I'm not super used to physical contact with guys in general. I feel weird hugging guy friends or shaking their hands, but calf to calf, it felt so nice...like one unit moving together. haha I just met him tonight. In true Brittany fashion I was tempted to snap a picture of him, but I'm not gutsy enough and other people would have noticed.
Just FYI: I'm praying for that fractured relationship. I wish you'd see the way things are not meant to influence you, but to give you perspective. Don't blame others. Jesus loves everyone alike.
We sang this song: By Your Side -Tenth Avenue North
(I like the whole song...but these lyrics make me think of what I've been explaining to people about loving God and not searching for someone he doesn't place in your life.)
"Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run"

P.s. Now I have the hiccups.
What you can learn from 8-12 fiction novels: Chasing Redbird by Sharon Creech
"Good for you. This had a strange effect on me. Had I actually done something good? Or had something good happened to me? The phrase kept rolling around in my brain: Good for you."(180)
"Soon I noticed the white specks of stars, but still they weren't draped on a black sky, still it wasn't dark. And although I watched intently, I did not see the moment of dark, and I wondered if maybe it wasn't a moment at all." (157)--darkness creepeth.
"Man needs bread and hyacinths: one to feed the body, and one to feed the soul." Jessie thanks. (138)

No comments:

Post a Comment