Today is sort of sad. The last day of summer and the start of a new year, in terms of education and such. So instead of moping, I made it memorable. Last night I stayed up until 0330 in the morning to finish this stupid summer reading assignment journal. It took literally forever and I couldn't move after only 6 hours of sleep. I need a good 12.
So when I was awoken this morning, I wanted to cry that my time was starting to really count down. Then my best friend came over and we made cookies and played dress up and everything was perfect. Dressing like hippies, bag ladies, and so much more was the most fun I've had in a while. Sometimes it's better to kick of the serious facade and be blissfully young. We made my favorite cake...red velvet, danced around and put on aprons. Then as an ode to the kiddie backpack my mom refused to buy me; we drew a monster in icing with the saying "Party in my tummy!" on it. Tasty tasty.
So my room is clean. The insignia and such is on my uniform. I have a bag full of sharpies, my new agenda, summer work, and other fun stuff for the new day tomorrow. Starting at 0500 I'll be in for some serious nerves, the mixed excitement about seeing everyone and remembering to salute in my spasms of glee. My hope is for a very specific homeroom and last block giving me optimal locker spaceage and access. But alas, maybe that won't happen. Tomorrow is the day for the metaphorical best foot forward. And thankfully I won't be doing it in grandpa shoes.
What shall I do for the rest of my evening? Color with my 120 pack, paint my nails, make locker art, help strugglers on their summer work, knit, reflect? Maybe all of the above.

No comments:
Post a Comment