1. As I walked out of Carter Hall this evening, I looked up at the large glass lantern-esque light swinging in the wind on the underside of the arched walkway. In my head I wondered how much wind would be needed to knock it down and have it shatter on the ground. Who would be the first to find it? What would they do? Ha, ridiculous.
2. What is my cousin Sandra up to tonight? At the family Thanksgiving dinner she found out we live on a mountain and told me to breath in some good mountain air for her. Every time I inhale deeply, I let the mountain air fill my nostrils and linger as it creeps to my lungs. I think of her. Say a prayer. I'm breathing it in for you Sandra!
3. For Ashley's 3D Design project she had to think of a theme and take pictures relating to each of 9 elements of design. She chose security. And for one picture she did a shadow on the sidewalk, put there by a street lamp. The security is in seeing the shadow, to be able to watch for any other shadows. It's so true! In the dark it's creepy to walk alone, and visions of masked villains sometimes flash into my mind. A shadow tells you what's around you.
4. Had dinner with Erin tonight. We talked about life and self and the different meaning words have over time for us. We related stories of our adventures (Restoring Honor Rally for me, Communist gathering in NYC for her). Our lives are so different, but I love talking to her about our mutual and defining love of Christ. I realized something in our conversation. I agree with almost everything. I read books for school and don't find faults with them on my own, but jump on the band wagon when others do. My likes are many, my dislikes are few. Is it better to be a picky person? I sometime wish I could be.
5. The Great Hall has been adding flavors to the ice cream machine this week. Today they had Chai Tea ice cream. So I broke my dessert rule (hey it's Saturday, ok!) and it was delicious! Why is chai in any form so good?!?!
6. Walking across the green back to Founders, arms spread, eyes open, wind whipping, ice cream cone in my hand..... I can pray that way. I am SUPPOSED to pray that way. Dr. McElrath told us in class today that the pictures of prayer in the catacombs show people with their eyes open, arms wide. Pray without ceasing.
7. Can getting a tattoo honor God? I think yes. Others say no and that it lessens your moral character. Grace is sufficient for me.
8. Praise spontaneously. In community. With men who love God too. It's wonderful!!!!
My favorite quote from Bittersweet today: "I'm a big believer in for-no-reason parties -- last-minute parties, where the house is less than squeaky clean, where the guest list is 'whoever could come with three days' notice,' and the menu is 'whatever I could think of and whatever goes with feta or chutney.'"
No comments:
Post a Comment