Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Jump and Jive

I went to ballroom dance club tonight and finally learned how to swing! I learned a double turn, the cuddle, and the hip bump. And you know what? It was so nice to just let loose and be ok with messing up and be ok with the awkward sweaty palmed guy holding my hands. I liked being led and learning not to lead with my own beat, but to follow. Swing is so much like faith. You have to completely trust God and his hand so that at the flick of a wrist you will be able to whirl about, smiling. But you're still responsible for the beat in your own heart.

Talking to Bevin and Amy has brought me so much joy these past few weeks. River City is a family to me. Caledon is encouraging and loving and silly. I am growing and HEALING and GOD IS SO GOOD!

So I guess that's all I really have to say. I'm keeping a fine tuned schedule. I go to see Bevin on Mondays. I work out at the gym Tuesdays and Thursdays. I dance on Tuesday evenings. and I worship with a congregation of Christ loving followers on Sunday mornings.

Tonight I started reading Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot on loan from Katie Beth. I'd recommend it to anyone. Tomorrow I even have a lunch date with the DC of my brother hall, to share testimony and fellowship and talk about what it means to fill the role of DC.

 Praise the lord, I am free at last. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment