God has blessed me so much in only 2 days. God, this life is yours and it's amazing.
I volunteered in the nursery on Sunday and had so much fun. At one point I was sitting butterfly style with Elizabeth (3) on one knee/thigh, Birch (3) on the other, and Natty with his head propped on his hand, elbow on my knee, reading picture books. I got to laugh as they tried to make their goldfish crackers swim in dixie cups of water. I got to hold Everett (1 1/2) and soothe his tears from missing mommy. Then we went to the Scott's house for lunch and it was a wonderful time of community. I mingled with adults and children alike. I knew every child's name there and who they belonged to. Upon leaving, it took me 15 minutes to hug everyone there goodbye. There was homemade wheat bread, lentil soup that Waverly made with an Ecuadorian recipe, mac and cheese, baked sweet potatoes, and fresh and well dressed Caesar salad. On the ride home we all played the 'tion' game, trying to think of words that ended in that suffix. It was so much fun!
Dinner was at the Dean of Student's house (Brad Voyles) with several other Caledonians. His wife made white chicken chili and brownies. There were IBC root beers and guac and Panera bread and blue tortilla chips. mmmm. and their daughter talked on and on about American Girl Dolls. We roasted marshmallows in their driveway, heard how Brad proposed to Kelly, and pet their ginormous goldendoodle Gus. It was refreshing, and calming.

Today I had to give my testimony in my Mac class. I was so terrified of being vulnerable in front of these people. I was prayerful all week and God used my prayer and spoke through me, so that tonight it felt effortless and right. I used a passage from 2 Timothy 1 as my devotional. Nevi passed me a note with a Psalm verse on it, which was the best blessing. I looked at the faces of my friends and was not afraid. Life is messy, but messes are beautiful. Today is Halloween so there was "trick or treating" at the student apartments. I borrowed Danielle's ladybug costume again and walked down there to hang out. I spent some time in David, Jeff, Dan, and Nate's apartment with Emmy Kate, Robert, Kate, and Michael. It was fun. I came back to Caledon to papple carving in process. Apple carving like pumpkins. I participated and was awarded "Most Caledonian Papple" by Elisabeth. I love this hall. Tomorrow I am going to the RUF small group called "Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places" which is a study of the book of Hosea. Then I am going to Dr. Drexler's house for dinner with my Mac class, and we are deciding on where our May term trip will be. The options are Cambodia, China, Capetown South Africa, or the Czech Republic. :) I can't wait!!! This group of men and women is amazing! Thank you LORD of ALL!

No comments:
Post a Comment