Or at least that is what keep crossing my mind as I walk around the pentagon shape of our hall (yes I finally counted) with my nose pressed to the pages of old books and the squishy aromatic tea bags dangling from clothes pins. I truly love this hall, these women, and in particular the Bigelow Vanilla Chai tea that hangs right outside my door. I breathe it in before I enter my dorm in between classes. My room wavers in its scent. Sometimes it smells like the linen oil diffuser by my window, or the Starbuck's coffee Ashley brews in the morning. Still others it is the mingling scents of our perfumes, the sea salt spray she curls her hair with or the apple detangler I have loved since I was a girl. This week a new scent has entered with Will's roses sitting beautifully on Ashley's desk. Popcorn and Nutella often send tendrils of scent our way from the commons. My senses are alive here on Caledon.
It's amazing how ablaze my spirit has become too. Day of Prayer was spectacular. Sitting in Lyss' room and praying is beautiful. Swinging to In The Mood and wearing dresses on dreary days. I've been cheering for my brothers at football games and attending a regular church. I'm discovering who I am again. and I like it.
In a bit I am going to the gym with Hannah and Patty G in our first attempt (outside of Caledon dance parties) to take pride in our health and wellness and work out. I miss the feeling of working hard and the adrenaline that races through your sore muscles afterwards.
Today Dr. Tate used Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost as the poem we were analyzing in English Comp. and I can just remember the breathy voice of Johnny in The Outsiders as he said, "Stay gold, Ponyboy."
No comments:
Post a Comment