Friday, September 9, 2011

The necesity of arrival

Here on this mountain, I've not only regained the desire to write more. But I've acquired a need. An endless pulsing in my heart to get things out. So here you go, I came back.

Let's start with something easy...Day 26 – A photo of somewhere you want to go. OCEAN SHORES, WA
My soul is aching for the Pacific.


Being here at Covenant I am learning a lot. It's going to take time to heal this broken heart, but I am resting in God's love and grace. His arms encompass all my fears and HE is STRONG. ALMIGHTY.
I've got a lot to think about and a lot a lot a LOT to say. But for right now, savor this. Say it out loud. Feel the juicy squelch of the words in your mouth, between your teeth, on your tongue.


Blackberry Eating
Galway Kinnell


I love to go out in late September
among the fat, overripe, icy, black blackberries
to eat blackberries for breakfast,
the stalks very prickly, a penalty
they earn for knowing the black art
of blackberry-making; and as I stand among them
lifting the stalks to my mouth, the ripest berries
fall almost unbidden to my tongue,
as words sometimes do, certain peculiar words
like strengths and squinched,
many-lettered, on-syllabled lumps,
which I squeeze, squinch open, and splurge well
in the silent, startled, icy, black language
of blackberry-eating in late September.

P.S. Katie: no matter what you think, ladybug: God showed me my own strength to start again through your love and your spirit. Keep the hugs coming

No comments:

Post a Comment