Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 7 - Your dream wedding

And here is the part of my blog where I claim poetic license/creative freedom/ whatnot and jump around because I have SO much to say about education (Day 5) and too slow of fingers. So here's to fantasies.
I've had an idea of what my wedding will be like since I was little. Here's a little bit of fun piecing it together for you to see. :)
Everything starts with the dress: It's my day to be beautiful. And the J. Crew Daphne dress from Fall 2006 isn't being made any more, but I WILL have it. Or something better. (If I can't have the Daphne, I want a lace back. See the second photo).

The veil: Definitely either a classic Mantilla or a birdcage. I think that the Mantilla is more stunning, but it really doesn't go well with the dresses I want. So a birdcage would probably be my choice, because it's classy (if worn correctly) without being too modern for my tastes:

I know that I either want to be a May or November bride. I love love love autumn, as I have discussed on here before, but my inclinations are also towards and outdoor chapel wedding or reception. I have a friend named Allison, whose wedding to her husband Noah was basically everything I picture mine to be. A few of my favorite things about her wedding were that she and Noah picked apples as gifts for their guests, they had sunflowers as their theme flower, the men wore natural colors like beige and brown, everything was simple, she got married at Camp in Beth-El Chapel.
I either want Gerber Daisies, Poppies, or Sunflowers depending on my color scheme:

Food? Easy:

mac and cheese, iced tea, maybe some chicken or pork roast, salad. mmm mmm mmm
Cake:
Probably either Red Velvet with Cream Cheese icing or an Apple Spice cake.


Marriage is important to me. Weddings are something every little girl spends hours dreaming over. But for my family, they haven't always worked out. I live my life trying to be as honest as possible. I pride myself on knowing how painful lies are. So when I get married, I'm playing for keeps. I'll be yours if you'll always be mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment