Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 9: Hurdles

So I have noticed that I start a lot of blogs with the word so. and also, the point of that last sentence was going to be about how my titles usually don't fit very well with more than one sentence of my blog, before my lack of originality stumped me.
Well then.
I'm sleepy.
This is probably really boring. so you should go entertain yourself with Hayley's blog....where she in turn will refer you to Kristina's blog. (You should know by now that I'm a fan girl. It's true.)
Before I went to bed last night I took 2 Benadryl and proceeded to sleep until noon today. So that's what being drugged feels like...I don't even remember my mom saying goodbye to me this morning. But it did get me through the night without sneezing or coughing or itching my eyes. As of right now, the allergy monster inside of my head has not vacated and has found some cottonballs to metaphysically stuff into my ear canals. I can barely hear anything.
I called the Covenant College admissions rep today and had a wonderful conversation. I think I have almost finally conquered my phone phobia. I'll definitely be applying there in June. That's one hurdle jumped. More to come.
I got one of my first Donegal recommendation, now I just have to get the other two and put the packet in the mail, on some sort of speed trip. I didn't think I was going to be able to work there, but now I am almost positive that it's where I need to be. I feel so stupid for taking that long to figure things out. I can't miss out on Donegal, I just can't! Ugh dumb me and my inability to make grandiose decisions.
My parents and I went Friendly's for dinner and then drove them over to my PopPop's house so I could fix his DirectTV. We're home now, with the pup, sans the brother, watching How It's Made.....railroad tracks are fascinating items to watch be made. Now they are desalinating water. Cool. :)
Today was the last weekday of my break. I still need to finish reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest for English class, but that's a project for tomorrow. I've been too infatuated with Ayn Rand's descriptions of architects in The Fountainhead, to worry too much about Chief, McMurphy and their 'insane' friends. I need to write some letters, for the first time in months. Sorry :(, and finish cleaning my room before school starts again. It seems there aren't enough hours in the day (or hours that I am awake).

No comments:

Post a Comment