...and I can't find my way home anymore. That's when I look at you.
Now you must be asking yourself, did she really just quote Miley Cyrus? Well yes, yes I did indeed.
I was going to write this long entry of Dear "John" letters as today's post. But something stopped me. I think the force that kept me from whining and crying and letting those boys defeat me, is a personal sense of maturity. For me, something inside has changed. and this is just coming from the heart of a unique individual. Yeah, it crushes me everytime I give in and say hi to the crickety noise of no response in Facebook-land. But I feel like today I am so much better than that.
It's spring break and I keep wasting the beautiful mornings away by sleeping in past 10. What I really needed to do today was clean my room the rest of the way...but alas that has yet to be done and it is 9:10 pm. Well what did I do today? I watched some iCarly, and went to lunch at California Tortilla where I burned my tongue to the point of numbness on Dave's Insanity hot sauce, and walked around Main St. with my twin creating flip flop blisters on my feet, and then I sat in the car and witnessed someone doing cocaine in the car next to me and was thoroughly freaked out. I went to the movies with my best friend Alicia....we went to see The Last Song, and as cliche as it may be, we bawled our eyes out. I applied for some jobs babysitting and maybe being a museum tour guide/greeter. I ate a gyro from Pita Pit. I realized how terribly much I MISS my violin....but I can't even try and play since out of 2 violins I have 6 broken strings. I realized how close summer is, and how much I just want to work away from the dull life I am leading these days.
I want to fall in love. But I'm content in knowing that I have friends who love me, a family that would do anything for me, and Jesus to wash away my sins. I've surely missed writing. and I have surely missed freedom of spirit. I think in my own way, I broke the spell. and even if I don't feel it or look it most days, that makes me beautiful.
On 04/08/10 I am going without shoes.....will you?
No comments:
Post a Comment