In my lifetime, I want to go to the Yi Peng Lantern Festival in Thailand. The Lanna people of Northern Thailand celebrate with sky lanterns every full moon of the 2nd month of the Lanna calendar. In Chiang Mai, the largest festival is held. The festival is meant as a time for "tham bun" or making merit. It is a symbol of letting your worries go. I really want to go to Chiang Mai and set free a lit rice paper lantern before I die!!!


But this May, I am more than grateful! I will be in the beautiful city of Prague, Czech Republic. Not only will I be living in this historic and lovely city for 2+ weeks, I will be able to spread the love of Jesus and the good news of his death and resurrection to the hurting youth of the area. Let the spiritually dead come alive again and be set on fire for the Lord!


No comments:
Post a Comment