Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cable Knit Stockings

I am in love with the idea of Claire Colburn. "And I saw it immediately. We're the substitute people. I've been the substitute person my whole life. I'm not an Ellen. I never wanted to be an Ellen. And I'm not a Cindy either…I like being alone too much. I mean, I'm with a guy who is married to his academic career. I rarely see him and I'm the substitute person there. I like it that way. It's a lot less pressure."
Last night I tried to knit one of these. But I got messed up with the color work. However, I did learn to stockinette and purl. I also had a lot of fun. and that's what counts
It's my favorite season. I'm going to wear my cowboy boots today and my grey sweater stockings. and be charming.
Because all that I need or want to say, doesn't come out in my writing anymore, so I'm going for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment