I am sitting in the hospital right now...being placed in charge of watching my Great Uncle for a few hours. I am sitting here typing away on my laptop trying so hard not to be a typical careless teenager, as he watches the NASCAR race from his wheelchair. I love him and how he doesn't mind. But hospitals are only fun if you're the one being treated...the one everyone is trying to cure. Babysitting a grown man who doesn't need my watchful eye is depressing. The nurses put on their sweet, empathy masked smiles and run around acting like they care. But who could know with their attitudes. Are they good actors or have big hearts.Earlier today I helped my Aunt Leda and Aunt Susie make homemade ice cream. You haven't lived until you come to Carolina and have ice cream at every gathering. It's a family affair. Fruit, pudding mix, 1/2 and 1/2, whole milk, ice cream salt in the mixer and voila' you have put Breyer's to shame. Today we made peach, banana, and mocha chocolate. Still my favorite ice cream flavor will forever be Cheerwine.
I feel like I am neglecting Uncle Harold right now but I don't know what to say or if I am bothering him. hmmm.
I was thinking about lists today per Laura. So here are some of the goals I wrote down in January for the front of my journal:

15. Play broom hockey.
26. Find where Jason threw my quarter (story for another day)
41. Buy a fedora and suspenders.
44. Sew my own calico dress.
47. Talk on the phone for over 2 hours.
7 out of 66 are crossed out for being done.
No comments:
Post a Comment