Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 1 and Day 3 Cheats

Day 1 of my new diet. I went to Costco and Walmart with Missy last night and stocked up on veggies and fruit and fish and such. I've decided to go for a month with no dairy and no gluten to see how those may be affecting my energy levels, joints, and general discomfort. I made a delicious smoothie  for breakfast and had chips and salsa and a salad in the GH for lunch. For dinner I cooked up a hake fish filet with rice and sugar snap peas. A tall glass of almond milk accompanied.

Day 3, I must admit I cheated and I don't have a real good reason. I was good this morning before church: drinking a smoothie before nursery. Ordering a chalupa (corn tortilla, beans, lettuce, tomato, and guac at Las Margaritas for lunch). I even had a great night with Jeremy (O-team leader) making cinnamon banana pancakes with a fruit topping. But then. Oh then.... I walked back to Halcyon and put my almond milk away in the fridge only to find this giant pan of leftover lasagna with a bright red lid on which was written "Please eat, from Student Life." The SL staff had a party tonight and made 4 giant things of homemade lasagna. For letting them use our oven, they gave us 8 girls the leftovers. I couldn't resist. I had been fighting spiritual temptation all day and food temptation for 2 days and I cracked. I cut a slice, heated it up, devoured it's cheesy, carby goodness. And instantly felt sick. Cost/benefit analysis after the fact says it probably was not a wise decision. For good (and just good) lasagna I broke my 30 day diet and felt sick. Oh well. Back to square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment