Sunday, June 24, 2012

Blackberry Key Lime Bars

I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it out. Irresistable!

Actually the 2nd batch of blackberries I picked from behind the Intramural field. But the first bunch of blueberries!

All of my blackberries/ black raspberries from this week. Frozen ones on the bottom.

The crust. Flour, butter, sugar, vanilla. MMMM

Missy let me borrow her mesh seive and it worked so well. Delicious blackberry pulp/juice.

SO MANY KEY LIMES! These were free at the thrift store of all places. And I squeezed about 20.

Key Lime Massacre.

Before baking. (PS The original recipe calls for 3/4c. sugar. I used 1 full cup and it's still a bit tart. So be aware if you want to replicate that it depends on your personal preference and the tartness of your limes and berries.)

Dinner break! Used the egg yolks from getting whites to make French Toast with yolk, almond milk, nutmeg, and cinnamon. I drizzled clover honey and sprinkled more cinnamon on top before devouring.

Baked, cooled to room temperature, refrigerated. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment