Working at my school's library has become a danger to myself and others. A danger to me because I currently have 20 books checked out and no time to read any of them. A danger to others because I beg them to let me read stories to them on a regular basis.
I love the simple joy of a picture book and have been taking the time to read old favorites and new and wonderful stories.
Here's what I currently have checked out from Kresge:
- Many Moons by James Thurber
- Caps For Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina (I recently read this to Birch, Iris, and Laurel; it was a gift from their former babysitter and they LOVE it).
- The Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood (best line is "'What flashlight?' quiet."
- George and Martha One Fine Day by James Marshall (Lyss and Rachel C read these to each other and it warms my heart)
- Home by Thomas Locker
- The Mountains of Quilt by Nancy Willard (seriously the funniest book I have read in a while)
- Goggles! by Ezra Jack Keats
- Blackout by John Rocco
- Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- A River of Words by Jen Bryant (a William Carlos Williams biography in the form of a picture book!)
- A Chair for my Mother by Vera B. Williams
- I See the Winds by Kazue Mizumura
- Adelita by Tomie dePaola
- Fin M'Coul by Tomie dePaola
- Jamie O'Rourke and the Big Potato by Tomie dePaola (I so wish I could find a dePaola anthology...favorite illustrator ever.)
No comments:
Post a Comment