Here's a quick anecdote about how people never cease to amaze me:
My mom and I were in the check-out line at Walmart tonight buying some canned meat. Yes, canned meat. Don't bash it until you have tried my momma's chipped beef gravy. Anyway, this really nerdy register guy with a nasally voice persisted to hassle us. Out of all our other items on the counter he picks up and examines the meat. He proceeds to look back and forth from it to my mom. Then exclaims, "This looks like something that belongs in a science lab!" Well, ok, haha you're not funny but thanks for trying. What really aggravates me is that he continued. "Like I don't know maybe a worm intestine or something. In fact I think my biology teacher had something like this in cabinet....only she called it a squid." *cricket cricket* Yes thank you Mark the Walmart boy for examining our food, commenting on how you find it repulsive, and not ceasing to hold back your word vomit. Since when has it ever been ok to talk about other people's food? That's just common etiquette. And Mark, for the record, Ethiopians hate you for talking about food as if it was disposable. I'm gonna eat my canned meat and enjoy it thank you very much. And yes my family did just process a deer in our garage last night, want to criticize that? haha rant over...
As of right now I have 1,657/50,000 words of my novel for NaNoWriMo written. Still going strong. I may post excerpts as I go along.
No comments:
Post a Comment