Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Destiny and such....

So I have been doing so really deep thinking lately and feeling a lot. It's interesting to have these phases where I can look at my life, see what I have accomplished and what I still want in life. Tonight was one of those nights that smells like rain but then the sky fails to produce it's end of the bargain. I had this thought that I'd go sit on the roof and wait for the rain to come...sort of a metaphorical washing things away. refreshing, rejuvenating. I love the rain. It smells like thoughts feel. lol wow that was incredibly philosophical sounding. Anyway, I want to describe to you the walk I took next.

I was in the mood to have a little escapade. My dad owns an 11 acre "farm" and the pasture backs right up to I-95. So amidst the cacophany of crickets and the highway traffic, I felt calm walking through the tall grass. I have paths drummed into that pasture earth, but tonight I wasnt in the mood to stay on them. So I walked along pull the seeds off the wheatish grass, like usual. Avoiding horse piles and snakes and looking out for baby deer sleeping in the brush. I heard some deer startle and looked up to see 2 run off (a momma and a babe...ithink) They were the perfect russet color. It was cute seeing their little white tails running away. Later on my dad asked my why I didnt scare them to the house where the guns are. lol mmmmm.

So I followed, and discovered after the recent rain all the new paths they had made, leaving perfect hoof indentations as if they'd been there minutes ago. I crossed the stream then took the back way to the pond. In a moment of pure curiosity I finally found the path I knew about years ago that had grown over. There's a lilac bush next to the entrance. I used to be so tiny I could crawl through all the brambles. This night I did some bushwhacking...(now is the time to note that I was wearing shorts, a tshirt, and a nice cardigan). I followed the stream some more and came upon this golden meadown. Now the sun had long set behind the clouds, but I think the grass itself had the glow. So pretty.

I followed the path around the pond to the spillway, looking for the momma deer, or a hint of her. When I got to the spillway I picked a daisy growing on the bank and put it in my hair. Lacey had made a "turtle ramp" a little farther along and I went there, walking along it hovering mere milimeters above the risen water. I felt like I was walking on the water. Being the symbolic person I am, I found it for some reason neccesary to float my daisy off the end of the plywood rotting ramp and got too close to the edge, and fell into the pond, soaking my feet and grabbing a bramble bush to pull myself back onto the bank. Needless to say, I have a large bandage covering my hand now. My battle wounds. lol But I didnt get wet farther than my knees so it was worth the fun and the laugh afterwards.

I cannot wait until the fireflies come out in abundance.

Now that I have gotten the blog bug out of my system, Im gonna go wash the pond scum off of my feet. lol :D
edit: previously a fb note

No comments:

Post a Comment